We all have different habits or rituals we do to maintain what we consider good grooming. Hair removal to some degree is usually up there with brushing teeth, showering, and face washing when it comes to feeling clean and fresh.
However, hair removal can be such a pain—sometimes literally. The trick to removing unwanted body hair as conveniently as possible is to decide which method works best for you.
Shaving is by the far the most common and convenient method of hair removal. It is so easy to grab a razor and soap and get the job done while you are taking your morning shower.
Besides which, there are multiple styles of razor so you can decide which kind suits you:
- Straight Razor: A straight razor is the kind of razor you see in old movies with a barber scene; it’s the razor with a single blade that folds into the handle. Nowadays, it is considered a bit extreme but people who use them swear by them.
- Safety Razor: Safety razors have the shape of the commonly used plastic razor, but are not disposable. In fact, the only part that needs to be changed is the blade itself. Safety razors are becoming popular for the environmentally conscious, given that they are not thrown out.
- Plastic Razor: Plastic razors have become the norm. They come in a wide variety: multiple blades, reusable handle with disposable heads, altogether disposable, a wide range of colors. If you can dream a plastic razor you can probably find it.
Shaving isn’t without its nuisances, however. While shaving is a good option on the fly for something quick and easy, prickly legs quickly reappear. It is also easy to miss a spot or two, and that just isn’t comfortable.
Many people often shudder at the thought of waxing. However, if done properly, waxing can be pain free and a much easier process than shaving.
The ultimate benefit is that waxing usually lasts longer than shaving. Depending on how fast your hair grows, waxing can last two to eight weeks, a lot longer than the few days guaranteed by shaving.
Another benefit is that your legs will be smoother and free of irritation bumps. Shaving can be hard on the skin, especially if the blade isn’t sharpened to its most pristine degree. Waxing removes this problem completely, and leaves your skin soft and smooth.
Laser hair removal at a treatment center like Laser By Aleya, is becoming a popular option for dealing with unwanted hair. It is great for curing ingrown hairs and, depending on what kind of treatment you get, can remove hair permanently.
- Laser Treatment: Laser hair removal works by exposing hair follicles to pulses of light, which destroy the hair. Usually after about seven treatments, you will only need a laser treatment once a year to reap the benefits.
- Electrolysis: Electrolysis is the permanent hair removal treatment. It works by introducing a tiny amount of electricity to the hair follicle. For most people, this permanently kills hair.
Removal of unwanted body hair doesn’t have to be a hassle. All it takes is deciding what works best for you and your grooming habits.
About the Author
Tamsen Maloy is a writer, reader, and traveller. She writes about arts and entertainment, travel and politics.