Summer is upon the world, and we don’t want to be feasting on heavy meals. If you want to change your diet and eat healthier then these few salad recipes are going to fill you up when aiming to eat lighter and healthier.
- 1 pint(s) grape tomatoes
- Grilled Thyme Chicken Breasts
- 2 head(s) romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) Green Goddess Dressing
- 3 slice(s) cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 2 ounce(s) blue cheese, crumbled
- Place grape tomatoes on large sheet of heavy-duty foil. Fold in half and crimp foil edges to create sealed packet. Place packet on grill alongside Grilled Thyme Chicken Breasts; cook 12 minutes.
- Open packet; cool. Cut chicken into 1/2-inch chunks. In large bowl, toss romaine lettuce with 1/4 cup Green Goddess Dressing. Transfer to platter.
- Over lettuce, arrange in striped pattern: bacon, eggs, avocado, blue cheese, tomatoes, and chicken. Serve with additional dressing, if desired.
Roasted Rhubarb Salad
- 2 cups 1/2-inch pieces fresh rhubarb
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 8 cups mixed baby greens
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese or feta
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted (see Tip)
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toss rhubarb with sugar in a medium bowl until well coated; let stand, stirring once or twice, for about 10 minutes. Spread in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast until just beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk vinegar, oil, shallot, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add greens; toss to coat with the dressing. Divide the greens among 4 plates. Top with the rhubarb, goat cheese (or feta), walnuts and raisins.
Panzanelle Salad Recipe
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 1 clove(s) garlic, smashed
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt, divided
- Sourdough Croutons
- 1/2 seedless (English) cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup(s) finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup(s) thiny sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon(s) capers, rinsed and chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- Set fine-mesh sieve over large bowl. Cut 4 ripe medium tomatoes in half and scoop seeds into sieve. Press juice from seeds into bowl; discard seeds and place sieve over bowl again. Cut tomatoes into 1/2-inch chunks and place in sieve. Toss with garlic and salt.
- Let drain while making Sourdough Croutons. Toss croutons with tomato juices in bowl. Remove garlic from tomatoes and discard. Add tomatoes to bread, along with cucumber, red onion, basil leaves, parsley leaves, capers, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Toss until well mixed.
Greek Salad Recipe
- 1/2 head(s) iceberg lettuce, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 seedless cucumber, cut into chunks
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) pitted Kalamata olives, cut in half
- 1 cup(s) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) Lemon Oregano Dressing
- Grilled Thyme Chicken Breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 cup(s) crushed pita chips
- In large bowl, toss lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, roasted red peppers,red onion, olives, and feta cheese with Lemon Oregano Dressing.
- Top with Grilled Thyme Chicken Breasts and pita chips.
Shrimp with grilled Nectarines
- 2 nectarines, pitted and cut into thin wedges
- Spicy Grilled Shrimp
- 6 ounce(s) mixed baby greens
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup(s) Classic Vinaigrette
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) sliced almonds, toasted
- Place nectarines on grill alongside Spicy Grilled Shrimp; cook 4 minutes, turning once.
- In large bowl, combine mixed baby greens, basil leaves, and Classic Vinaigrette. Toss to coat.
- Divide among 4 serving plates. Decoratively top with grilled shrimp, grilled nectarines, avocado, and sliced almonds.
- 2 quarts water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (1-inch) cut green beans (about 1/2 pound)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots (about 2 medium)
- 2 fire-roasted piquillo peppers, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Spanish smoked paprika
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 (7.8-ounce) jar premium tuna, packed in oil, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 8 (1-ounce) slices French bread
- Bring 2 quarts water and salt to a boil. Add green beans; cook 4 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain. Combine green beans, shallots, peppers, chickpeas, and garlic in a large bowl.
- Combine mayonnaise, vinegar, and paprika in a small bowl, stirring well. Add mayonnaise mixture to bean mixture; toss gently to combine. Arrange 1 cup arugula on each of 4 plates; top each serving with about 1 cup bean mixture. Divide tuna evenly among plates.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over bread slices; place bread on a baking sheet. Broil 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Serve toasts with salad.